Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Table Mountain








On Saturday Dad and Sheri and me all hiked Table Mountain. I'm going to go ahead and call this the hike of my life. It was 5 hours up the mountain. The first three were pretty bearable (if you don't mind seeing me sweat until my clothes are soaking wet) but as the elevation got higher and the air got thinner- the Patty got slower and slower. I was supposed to breathe with my stomach but I don't know what that means! Sheri stuck right by me strong and true. She'd set mini goals for me. And by mini- I mean mini. She'd say "Let's get to those blue flowers and then stop for 2-minutes." The blue flowers would only be about 50 feet away. My muscles were sore but could have survived. It was my lungs. My chest was really burning and I thought I was going to explode. But the view from the top was SPECTACULAR! You feel like you can touch the Tetons. They are that close. When we summitted all the sudden we started getting little zaps in our feet. We were dancing around trying not to get shocked too badly and Dad yelled up for us to get down as fast as we could. I kept getting shockers in my hands and feet for the immediate descent down the summit. We pretty much scrambled down quickly because we could have been struck by lightning. It was an amazing hike. The feeling of accomplishment and pride was inescapable. I had an awesome time. We even saw some moose! Unfortunately, I was too afraid of them (at the time) to get a picture. My favorite parts you ask? Hmmm.... the tippy top of the mountain, crossing the water, seeing or car in the parking lot, and scarfing down a Teton Bacon Cheese Burger at O'Rourkes.

No comments: