Monday, February 1, 2010

Brokedown Palace


It all started with the furnace. I thought that was plague enough. And it was broken. As in needed replaced. As in crack open that piggy bank Ms. Patty. Boo hiss.
24 hours after the new furnace was installed our toilet in our downstairs bathroom cracked. Like in half. Like someone took a sludge hammer and hit it. It flooded the bathroom and half the laundry room. Lucky for us, we caught it before it ruined our new furnace. Ken has shut off the water to it and we're back to sharing a bathroom. I don't feel like paying $100 to have the luxury of two working toilets in our home.
A couple days later I decide to be a goody-good-girl and vacuum. I plug 'er in and turn it on but it doesn't come on. I try a different outlet. Nothing. The vacuum is kaput. Off to Sears with Ken (after a firm reprimanding... it's my fault the sweeper doesn't work anymore, you know that, right?). We score a new vacuum that is really wonderful- but I hate it because it costs money.
Finally, this last Saturday we are coming home from being out with my family and I grab the clicker to open the garage and nothing. The garage opens about a foot and them slams back down. There goes the garage door opener.
What the heck is going on?
Seriously, I am just waiting for the locusts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything always happens at once!! Especially when you're pregnant too! We've had so many problems with out house in the last 7 months we seriously don't ever want to own one again. But, Mark is becoming quite the handy man:) I hope you can get everything working again!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Sorry about everything breaking down! It always happens at once! Good thing you are a good saver and have some money to pay for it...even though those are not fun things to pay for! Hopefully the garage door opener was the last of the "brokens"!

Kar said...

When it rains, it pours. I sometimes hate being a homeowner. That sucks, sucks, sucks. If I had a new toilet to give you, I would. For now, you're just going to have to borrow a couple of my maternity skirts. No fun maternity clothes money for awhile, eh?

johnandjana said...

What a crappy week! I'm with you. I hate spending money on all those crazy things. Everything should just work and never break down. I'm sorry you have had such a trial. At least you are warm now, right!