Thursday, June 11, 2009

Victoria Part II and Tee-Tan-Eeek

Friday mom treated us to lunch at the Olive Garden. It was a girls only lunch. Krissy and Josslynn came from Arco. How can you pass up unlimited soup, salad, and bread sticks. I ate mostly bread sticks. That Zuppa Toscana was perfect. We decided to spend the afternoon at the museum. You see when the movie Titanic came out Victoria worked at the movie theater and got one free movie every week. And every week for ten weeks she watched Titanic. She got the movie poster to hang in her bedroom. She had Titanic apparel to wear. And in my high school french class we learned Titanic in Francois is pronounced Tee-tan-eek! So me and Jules like to call it that. We spent the entire afternoon at the Titanic Exhibit. Go. Everyone needs to go. It was so interesting.


They had a ton of artifacts from the ship. One were these dishes that were still in the box and the box had disintegrated and left the plates all lined up vertically in the sand. They also had these perfume vials that had been preserved all this time and the case had sniff holes in it and you could still smell this perfume! From 1912! It smelled very soapy. They had different exhibits of the rooms. Did you know a first class ticket on the Titanic would have cost $79,000 today?! Can you imagine? My 3 favorite parts of the museum are: 1st when you are walking up the museum stairs to the next level of exhibits they have it staged as the grand staircase on the Titanic. I kept peeking over my shoulder to see if Jack was waiting for me. : ) When you enter the exhibit they give you a boarding pass. It’s a replica of what was given on the Titanic. It was a real passengers name and gives their history, who they were traveling with, how old they are, etc. So you feel really connected with everything on display. I was Henriette Yrois, a Parisian model who was traveling with her married lover who was commissioned by White Star Line to film the maiden voyage. I was a mistress! Oh the thrill. This all tied in at the end when they had all the passengers separated by class and you looked "yourself" up to see if you lived or died on the ship. I died. All my sisters people died. It was sad. A little over 700 people were saved. Over 1,500 died. Then one of the coolest parts was this huge iceberg! They have an actual iceberg on display. It’s no life-size but it’s big. And cold! They have it set up to be 32 degrees. You can touch it to get a feel for how cold the water was. The water was 28 degrees. The caption said most passengers died from the cold and not drowning. Something I didn’t get was in the gift shop there was a T-shirt that had a picture of the Titanic on it and there was a Pig riding the boat. A pig. As in, oink oink. I didn’t get it. Sat-ee-day they came and picked me up and we went to the mall. I never really thought we shopped that much. But, we do. I got a grey skirt at Old Navy for $4.97! Steal of a deal. SO much so, that my mumsy paid for it. Julie and Chris made homemade pizzas. These weren’t your basic pepperoni, extra cheese pizzas. We had a veggie- piled at least 3 inches high with vegetables. We had a meat-lovers… same story. And then a Mediterranean that had no sauce and was topped with garlic, spinach, roasted red peppers, and Feta cheese. Yums. And a BBQ chicken pizza. All of which had whole-wheat crust. Very good. Very good. We were all there except Krissy- even spouses. We played In A Pickle. If you haven’t played- call me and set up a time it’s a riot.

5 comments:

Poulsen Family said...

Your pizza made my mouth water! You girls are so cute in the picture- it made me miss my own sisters.

Megann said...

I'm so glad you got to hang with your sistas. What a great time you had. I love the pic of all the tall, dark beauties.

Kar said...

Like I have always said, you and your sisters are models. All of ya. That pizza sounds SOOOOOOOO GOOD. Yum. And I cannot wait to go to the Titanic exhibit! It sounds fantastic! Or, as they would say in France, "fantastique." :)

Brett and Tiffany said...

What fun times with your sissies! Olive Garden is the best! Glad you liked the Titanic Exhibit! Your family is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you're so close with your sisters! Sounds like you had a lot of fun!:)Cute picture too!