Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Terrors

This ornament scares the sugar plums out of Koley.

It's hard to get a decent shot of these mystical creatures.

It's a unicorn.  Let's call it a Christmas Unicorn... then that answers the question of why I have a unicorn on my tree. I don't know why Koley is terrified of it.
One day we were sitting looking at the tree... like we do every day... and he just started screaming as if he saw The Ghost of Christmas Past.  I couldn't figure out what it was!   After I asked "What?"  thirty times, the poor boy musters up the courage to touch this Unicorn of Dread and then run from the room.  I took it off the bottom of the tree and hung it at the top where he wouldn't be able to see it.  But that Koley.  After I calmed him all down and told him the ornament wasn't scary and we were safe and I broke out the coconut Chex Mix (that always helps) and coaxed him back by the tree and under the blanket... he started scouring the tree.  He wanted to be sure the unicorn was gone.  It took awhile.  But he found it.  And screamed his head off.  And I'm sure lost some trust in me.  I tried taking it off (as he watched) and putting it in the cupboards under the entertainment center.  But he would just scream and cry and point to the door.  Like the fluffy, cotton filled, ornament mightt just break through those doors and get him!  So... it's been sitting on top of the fridge back behind some old mail.  Where it can no longer terrorize the Christmas Spirits of young children.

And, I'm signing off until the New Year.
No need for me to explain.

Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

SkippyMom said...

But it begs the question: Why do you have a unicorn on your Christmas tree? heehee

Then again I have Muhammad Ali and Troy Aikman, so really what do I know?

Poor Kole. I am glad you put it away. Perhaps he will appreciate it's cuteness next year.

Juli said...

We have an elf riding a snail.

And a stuffed Maine lobster.

I'll never ask why you have a unicorn. There are just some things we don't need to know.