Monday, January 2, 2012

Because I'm Cool Now.

Ken got me an iPod Touch for Christmas.  Know what I got him?  A cookbook.
The shame.

I had an iPod Nano, that is purple, that I love, that I have filled and emptied and filled and emptied "x" amount of times.  Ken found a solution to my dilemma and got me a gift that I thought was far beyond my technical capabilities.  I mean... come on.  I'm young and all- but I'm not great at computers or cell phones or Pokemon.  I have got a good grip on my Kindle now.  Pleased to announce.
But this!  This little gadget is too fun not to try out and understand.  The first thing I did was I plug her in to the PC and filled her half full with songs I've been wanting to listen to for months.
You just touch it!  And it moves around! 
Did you know you could check your e-mail on these things?
It gives you up to date Stock information? (<-- not really that cool.)
You can read the newspaper on it?
It takes pictures and movies?
You can "message" on it!?  (<--- haven't done it... not sure how it works... too embarrassed to ask Ken.)
Ken registered everything and set up all the accounts and programmed the weather to show up every day on it.

I downloaded Angry Birds.
Now I get what the hype is all about.

5 comments:

SkippyMom said...

Glad you are enjoying it. I still don't see the hype as a laptop is about as "tied down" to technology I want to be. That is just me tho'.

I think I am old. giggle

Brett and Tiffany said...

Sounds like a fun Christmas gift! We missed you at Christmas! I know it gets busy with lots of family. Really...call me when you come up next time! I would LOVE to see you! Saw your parents at the temple...same session as them...didn't get to talk to them...I am not sure if they know me, but I know them. It was the Friday before Christmas!

Juli said...

Oldest also got one. He also wants to text with it, but I'm thinking there's a secret to it that will cost me a gazillion dollars.

All and all, it is pretty cool. I got a Kindle fire, also downloaded angry birds.

Damn birds, they haunt my dreams.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Ahh, where were we before the ipod? Seriously though.

Kar said...

I don't know...I'm not getting what's so fun about Angry Birds. I'm just sayin'. Kind of boring. But that phone is amazing. I would be equally scared to figure out texting or ask the hubs about it.