Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm Just A Girl Who Can't Say No.

You know what's been killing me lately?

I can't say no.

Will you watch my kids?  They are bad and hit a lot and yell constantly and are really sticky and gross and will probably have friends over and I won't pay you and won't be home even close to the vicinity of when I say I will.  Will you watch them?

Sure!  I'd love pre-mature juvenile delinquents!

Will you play the piano for us at church?  I know there are oodles of more qualified pianists and you don't really have the time to learn, practice, and perform this song you've never heard of by Sunday- since it is Thursday- but we think it'll help you feel welcome.  Will you play then?

Absolutely!  I love anxiety keeping me up at night!

Can I borrow some chicken breasts?  It does sound like a weird thing to borrow- I just really want to grill some BBQ chicken and we're all out.  And you know how hard it is to get to the store with little ones.  Your freezer and fridge are so well-stocked. Why should I bother shopping at all?  I'd owe you one.

Hey, why not?  I don't mind grocery shopping for my family AND yours!  I have a whole magic tree full of money anyway.  Do you need BBQ sauce too?

Help.


On an unrelated "P.S"  I joined the A to Z Blogging Challenge.  I am dreadfully excited for April.




5 comments:

Julia Marcum said...

AHHHhahahaha. I think a good rule of thumb is anything that involves the word "breasts" shouldn't be borrowed.

Jeannie said...

Seriously? Someone wanted to borrow CHICKEN?

Uh - sorry - that was OUR dinner tonight.

Ru said...

The key is to always have a lie ready. I'm busy, I'm out, I've already promised it to someone else. Even if they somehow trap you by getting to admit you're free/have available chicken first, just commit. If it's awkward, then it's doubly obvious to the asker that they shouldn't have asked in the first place.

Juli said...

I hate it when people ask to borrow a tissue.

Seriously, dude. You can just have it. I don't want it back.

I was so excited for the A to Z I started already. That, and I'm not so good with following the rules, AND I'm not so good at posting everyday. So if they let me slide, I'll use my already posted posts to link up. At the rate I'm going, I figure I'll meet up at some point in April and finish right on time.

Can't wait to read yours!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Chicken Breasts? Really? Unbelievable!