Monday, September 15, 2008

Fishing is the COOLEST! You don't even KNOW!

Last Thursday my dad took me and Jules fishing. We went to Rigby Lake. What a night. We fished until dark! The lake is stocked so we figured we'd hardly be able to cast our lines in without a bite. Not so. The first hour and 40 minutes we caught nothing. The last 20 minutes, 4 fish were reeled in! Dad had to perfect and then teach "the technique." Which is: You throw your line out there and don't let it sink to quite to the bottom. Just let it rest 2 or 3 seconds then start reeling her in nice and even. Every 4 or 5 seconds give your line a little jerk and keep reeling. The trout will bite after the jerk every time. SERIOUSLY! Every time. I caught a trout that was about a foot long! My longest catch to date. I had a lot of fun with my dad and my sister and look forward to this being a more frequent event. I'm "hooked!" Hehehe!

No comments: