Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Feel Good Ne Ner Ne Ner Ne I Knew That I Would.

Things I Did Today That I Did Not Like:
1.  Run on the treadmill.  My knees have been hurting when I get up to a good pace.  So I am switching between jogging and major incline power-walking.  Still no weight loss.  But my legs are looking spectacular.  Hello, skinny jeans.  I have missed you.
2.  Laundry.  I hate, hate, hate doing laundry.  Actually, I don't mind the sorting, the carrying it downstairs, the loading of the soap, the switching it over to the dryer... all that I do in domestic bliss.  (If there is such a thing and if I were that type of person.)  What I dislike is folding clothes and putting them away.  You have already devoted so much time to the process.... it just gets old by then.  I want those 3 fairies from Sleeping Beauty to come and do the rest for me.
3.  Drove my drunk neighbor to Community Care.  My neighbor is fond of the bottle and will occasionally fall and get hurt and want to go to Community Care.  I am really glad she doesn't try to drive herself- but COME ON!  She has more neighbors than just me!  Quit calling ME.  Give someone else a chance to be nice for once.  I don't know.  Today she just had a stomach ache.  I shouldn't say "just."  This was after all the worst stomach ache of her life and she has had it for three weeks.  According to Ms. Cuervo.  I still took her- she was somewhat behaved.... and they couldn't do anything for her.  Wah. Wah.
4.  Cleaned out under the sink.  I hate under my sink.  First because it is dark and that means there are probably spiders in there.  There is garbage that has missed the can from like 4 months ago.  There are tons of bottles of cleaning supplies some of which have been leaking.  It was just messy and icky.  Rubber gloves helped.  Kole did not.

Things I Did Today That I Liked
1.  Read my Oprah magazine.  Actually, I just looked at all the pictures.  I'll read it over the month.  I don't want to achieve too much in one day.  Disney has been putting in advertisements for families to take vacations there.  Last month Queen Latifah was in one and she was all done up like Ursula.  It said something along the lines of "Let Your Imagination Run Wild."  I thought that was pretty clever. I never notice The Queen's resemblance to Ursula.  This month Johnny Depp is dressed up as... Jack Sparrow.  Same tag line.  Doesn't work.  Johnny Depp is Jack Sparrow.  That's not imagination at all.  That's redundancy.  It was so weird.  Luckily there was a whole section devoted to one piece bathing suits under $50.   My budget is thirty.  We'll get there.  With Oprah, all things are possible.
2.  Crawled with Koley.  He's really getting better.  He can go about 2 paces and then it's back to the uncoordinated army crawl.  The man has mad skills... he's just in too much of a hurry.  So he gets there any way he can.  Which just happens to look like a soldier.  Who got shot 4 or 5 times in the fanny.  And is trying his hardest to get to the infirmary without further injury.
3.  Made sugar cookies.  Tonight I am bringing a snacker to Young Women's and for some reason when I was baking these cookies today- I felt really whole.  Like, "Yes.  This is me."  Maybe that was divine intervention summoning me to the Bakers Guild of America.  Maybe that's my calling.  (Maybe I just love cookie dough.)
4.  Started setting up a room for my out of town guests arriving soon.  I love going around my house and trying to find other uses for things.  I am honestly quite terrible at it.  I just have a lot of stuff in closets- so I take it out and try to make it look nice and not-dusty.
5.  Read Julie's feature on another blog!  I couldn't believe it!   I didn't snoop around too much on the blog she was featured on but they said beautiful things about her.  I am so proud of her.  She puts a lot of time and work into her blog.  And she's got like a kajillion followers.  Thus, enters Julie into a new world of blogging- leaving me (the pioneer) here in the wallows. 
Why don't you brighten her day and check it out... HERE!....

Just kidding.  here.

Oh I'm funny.

All in all the good outweighed the bad today.  Much like every day.  But I think that's all in your own perspective.  I think you should let all feelings happen in a day.  If you limit the negative you also limit the positive.  Let life live.  Feel joy.

4 comments:

Julia said...

You are my favorite blog to read. Just sayin'.

George and Ginger said...

love you Patty!

Kar said...

Oh baby. Sugar cookies. You just made me drool a little. And I love those zinc-looking letters. Very cool idea.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Love your attitude...love your blog! Have a great day!