Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Countdown is On.

I'm in the long awaited third trimester of pregnancy.  Week 32.  I feel really good (and fat!) when I say "32."  I like being pregnant fat.  I especially like it after I eat a lot. Take Sunday when me and Ken had our Guacamole Gorge. I felt like my stomach was going to explode because I ate 4 avocados worth of guac.... and then I look down and go, "Oh!  I'm having a baby!  THAT'S why I feel like exploding!  It wasn't the guac."  (P.S.  It totally was the guac.)
People keep asking me when the baby is due.  Strangers ask.  I like that.  It's obviously soon because my belly is starting to hang out the bottom of my maternity shirts.  Not attractive.  Just shiny and tight and slightly purple.  A couple times I've picked a really ridiculous due date.  "Halloween."  And I just watch their eyes get big.  Hehehe!  They're strangers.  I shouldn't be talking to them anyway.  Might as well give them something funny and incredulous to say at dinner that night.  (I love getting the opportunity to use the word "incredulous.")
Some irritating moments have cropped up that I know are just going to get worse.  For starters, those maternity shirts.  Just not long enough.  I mean.  People over 5'2" have babies all the time.  And don't want to be wearing a cut off t-shirt.  I'm not overly tall.  I'm perfectly average.  Yet, here I am, tugging at my shirt all day.  I'm about to don the 3XL Utah Jazz T-shirt that I wore the last month of Kole and a pair of Ken's jammer pants and head to Walmart.  (Because I would blend in there.)
I've also had to switch from bending to squatting.  If I bend I... barf.  Just in my mouth.  But it happens.  And I hate it.  So I squat and occasionally a toot comes out... I blush.  Even when its just Koley.  He laughs at it. I often get stuck there squatting.  It hurts my calves.  There is no more slouching, no more crawling, no more laying flat in bed, no more days when my back doesn't hurt.  *sigh*  My shoes are still fitting.  That's good.  My hobbit feet haven't emerged yet.  But, patience is a virtue.  They will come.  They always come.
7 more weeks of people opening doors for me, giving me the right of way when crossing the street, offering to help me carry things.  7 more weeks of a kind civilization.
The baby will double in size in those 7 weeks.  If my memory serves me correctly I will too.




6 comments:

DoublClik said...

THATS how you spell velociraptor?!?!

Kar said...

I'm so glad your feet are behaving themselves so far. I totally HATED that phase when my belly showed at the bottom of all my shirts. So obnoxious. It's true - I feel like maternity clothes were always meant for shorter-torsoed women.

Holli Fuhriman said...

For me maternity pants are the worst. I can't stand the over the belly kind and the under the belly don't stay up the last 2 months.

Juli said...

I always hated the "when are you due" question. Just once I wanted to take a little bit of water, spill it on the floor discreetly and say....

"Um, I guess (she points to water on floor) right now."

Juli said...

OH... and I saw my SIL on Sunday. She's due Sept 4th so that would make her only about 24 weeks, and she looks about ready to deliver. She's got the waddle already....

Anonymous said...

Hey, at least the baby doesn't tear its way out of the belly like a velociraptor would. Right?

Also, be grateful for 7 more weeks. By 32 weeks, my son had already been born for 5 days. His older sister came at 33w, 5d, so be glad for those 7 weeks.