Monday, November 17, 2008

Moving!

This weekend Rusty moved out. It was hard on us to hear that he wanted to leave and get his own place. We thought we were making it really nice for him in our place. We gave him all his meals when he asked, never made him go to bed until he wanted, and fed him lots of cheese. But, he wanted to have his own place to bring his friends, and do his personal Rusty stuff- and wanted to invited girl pups over and didn't want me always in his business. Teenagers!

Rusty's new address 2706 1/4

So, we inherited a little apartment for him from Ken's dad. It's nothing big. Just a one bedroom, studio-style apartment. It needs a little freshening up, but Rusty loves it. We wants to show everyone his new pad. He loves to run in and run out and run in and run out. He's moved all his toys in there and is insisting on eating in there too. I don't know if I should put my foot down on the eating or what. I crawled in to see how spacious it was and Rusty made it quite clear I was not welcome and this was his space and he doesn't go crawling into my bed--- at least not while I am looking.

Luckily, he didn't move too far away (he's under the back deck). So, he does come and visit us when he can, but we just have to face it... our little pup is growing up.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Dude, you freaked me out when I saw the title. I was like, nononononono. Cute Rusty. I wonder if he'll want to be inside more when it's like 20 below outside. :) I burned a CD of red carpet music last night! Chee-hoo! It's awesome. And I finished putting labels on the Oscars. We're getting there, Patters, we're getting there.

Natalie said...

It's sad when our kids grow up huh, Colton came to me last night asking for his own place too, we'll see!!!! You might try cheetos to get him to come inside the house for dinner, that's what worked for Tucker when we had him.

Gramma n Grampa said...

Nice digs Rusty!
Be sure to visit the big house often, so your human parents don't get to lonely! :)
Don't party to loud. You have a mean neighbor I hear.....