Thursday, January 19, 2012

Truth Is...

Truth is Koley is 18 months old as of yesterday.
He seems a lot older than that to me.
Sometimes he seems like he's my age.
Or maybe it's the reverse and I am a lot like him.
I don't know.  He just seems older than one and a half.
Those feelings I'm sure will go away when the new babe-a-loo comes and my confidence dwindles.



Truth is Ken and I did go on our 5th date in the last 18 months last Friday.
We went and saw Jim Gaffigan.
He was saying his wife just had their 4th baby.
In describing having a 4th kid he said:
"Imagine drowning... and then someone hands you a baby."
I laughed.  For the full hour and a half he performed.

Truth is... I don't feel like I am drowning at all.
I feel really on top of things.  Like I could be the life buoy.
Don't throw this back in my face when I am gravelling for a break.  And crying because "life's too hard."
I think it's the magical 2nd trimester- and not puking 50,000 times a day.

4 comments:

Kar said...

That thing about drowning with the fourth child - oh yeah. OH YEAH. He sounds funny. I'm so glad you're feeling better, Pats!

vicks27 said...

No way! I just told Julie that I was thinking that "Sweet Caroline" should be the song I dance with Dad to at my wedding!

I love this video, and I love my little Koley nephew.

SkippyMom said...

I seriously doubt you are going to find two kids any harder than one. Kole will be 2 and I am sure a big helper - you will handle it with aplomb.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Juli said...

Yeah. I got nothing. But I can say that when they get a bit older, it's more like drowning while everyone stands on the dock playing keep away with your swimmies.

Damn kids.

:)