Monday, December 6, 2010

Houdini

I was in Salt Lake this weekend with me inlaws, me hubby, and me baby.  We were in Dick's and I had to pee so bad.  It's all this water I drink to prevent me from being dehydrated and to improve my fair, fair complexion.  Kenner took the Koler and I bolted to the bathroom.  I was impressed by the size and cleanliness of the bathroom.  I went into a stall, locked the door, and released.  Ahhhhhh.  There was a little girl in the next stall.  She left.  I finished and got ready to leave.  I go to unlock the stall and um... it doesn't unlock.  The thing turns but the bar stays locked.  I click it back and forth.  Nothing.  I feel panic set it.  What should I do?  I decided to start with "Help?"  No one answers.  Surprise. 
No one is in the bathroom.  I think maybe I'll climb over the top.  I'm tall.  But what if I am halfway over and someone comes in? They won't be able to use the bathroom because I'll be perched up there.  I know I'll chicken out once I get up there.  They'll have to call a store manager and what... bring in a ladder?  Climbing over is out of the question.  I try the lock again.  Nothing.  I only have one choice.  Wiggle under.  The bathroom did seem clean.  I slid my purse under.  Got down on my knees... then my belly... and escaped.  It was.  Worth sharing.
And I felt really adventurous after.  Like I could escape from the jaws of Death.

3 comments:

Julia Marcum said...

My first reaction is, "ew." Bathroom floors, gag! But I know I would probably do the same thing as I would almost instantly turn claustrophobic and panic. I am afraid of heights, so over the top would be out of the questions...that...only...leaves...one option.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

hahahhahahahaha I would have done the same thing in your situation...or kicked the door down. One or the other!

Kar said...

Ewwwwww!!! That reminds me of that movie where the cheerleaders rob banks. What is that movie called? Anyways, the one girl always gets stuck with the stall that won't unlock. So funny.