Friday, December 10, 2010

A Retraction by Ken

Ken read my blog for the first time since I started it and did I get an earful about my statements (which were incorrect) regarding the book he read about The Panama Canal.  Which was called A Path Between the Seas not In Between The Seas.
A bit of what he said:
"26 out of every 100 people died in the first 3 years which worked out to about 1200 a month.  Leave the facts to people who read fact books.  Your statistics were erroneous.  26 people dying per month is not a staggering statistic.  It's a paltry sum.  Not even comparable.  AND it cost 324 million dollars, quite a sum.  Just don't toss around facts willy nilly like they don't mean anything.  Thousands of people died to make that canal and you can't even honor them by getting the facts right."

I'm thinking I might have to change my handle.  So he can't find me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say good on you for reading it, at least!! I get bored by history books. I guess my life is too crazy and interesting for me to enjoy reading somebody elses. LOL :)

Kar said...

Hahahaha!!! He is funny. So are you. At least he read your blog. Ben never reads mine.