Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This Is Our Day of Independence.

Reasons I Dis-Love the 4th of July
1.  Trent, our neighbor kid, started his fireworks at 5:00PM and ended them at 1:00AM.  I can't really put on my angry shorts and march out there on a holiday.  But it got old and I swear it was getting louder.
2.  I don't know the difference between fireworks and firecrackers and am always worried I will refer to either as the other.
3.  I don't have any cool patriotic clothes to wear.  I ended up wearing purple.  For "Purple Mountain's Majesty."  Pretty clever if you ask me...but I had to explain it a lot to fellow patriots.
4.  Kole goes to bed before the big fireworks show.  Deep down I wanted to go but knew it was more important to get Kole down for the night.  I felt like I was giving up all this fun stuff and have been for the past year!  I turned into Crabby Patty pretty quick.
5.  People park us in to our house while the parade is going on.
This picture makes me laugh.  The lady on the right... uh.... who is she?
Why is she posing for my picture?

Reasons I love-LOVE the 4th of July.
1. Cook-outs!  Can I get an amen!  And another round of corn on cob please.
2.  Ken was home for 3 days and made each one special.  Saturday:  Breakfast at Perkins and Rigby Lake, Sunday:  Drive out to the country and special nap for mom.  Monday: Breakfast on the Boulevard, Parade, Shopping, Pool Party, 7-Layer Bean Dip, Sno Cones.  Awesome.
3.  I get to dress Koley in red, white, and blue.. and he's young enough that he won't complain about it.
4.  Ken agreed to do Sparklers with me in the backyard.  What a sweetie.  He also watched A Room With A View with me.  He said numerous times that he thought it was dumb but watched it anyway.
5.  All those patriotic songs to bellow around the house.  "I'm proud to be an AmeriCAN!!"  or how about... "o'er the la-hand of the fa-rrrEEEEEEEE!"

2 comments:

Holli Fuhriman said...

I put Julia in a purple out fit because it's her cutest summer getup and I was really glad. It made it so much easier to keep track of her in a crowd of red, white, and blue clad youngin's. And I don't remember the neighborhood fireworks being that loud in past years! I share your grrrrness.

DoublClik said...

Aww what a nice weekend! Loaded! Ken's comments to "a room with a view" are quite similar to rory's with "somewhere in time" those guys sure do love us