Thursday, July 7, 2011

Staying On Top Of Things

I'm running behind on my list. My birthday is only35 days away.  Then, I'll be 27.  In my late twenties... blecgh. When I first started this list I felt like an over achiever and I didn't want anyone to think I was trying too hard.  Or being the Teacher's Pet.  No one likes a suck up.  Do we?  So I slowed down and slowed down and have pretty much halted.  Now I am behind.  Isn't that how it goes with everything in life?  We get excited and motivated for like... a day.  Maybe a week and then.... fizzle.  So to catch up:


  1. Dye my own hair
    • Done and done.  It turned out...okay.  I did it reddish black and it turned out really super red where my old dye job was growing out and super super black below that.  Sorta like a skunk dressing up for Valentine's day.  I've been living with it.  But now my grays are growing in (thick).  So it's gray, red, black, and trashy.
  2. Knit a scarf
  3. Decorate a cake
  4. Go swing dancing with Ken
  5. Golf 18 holes
  6. Retry the foods I don’t like (tomatoes are done...yuck.  Mushrooms are done..pretty good!)
    • I am crossing this off because I really don't like trying foods I don't like.  Tomatoes made me cringe and mushrooms were tolerable but not wroth changing my whole way or life.  I drank this Mexican Iced Tea Ken is always raving about and have just decided I know I don't like those foods.  End of story.  I'll promise to be open to things I haven't tried but let's not tie a brand new bow around the same old thing. 
  7. Hike the Menan Butte
  8. Introduce myself to one new person a week
  9. Watch “Casablanca," “Citizen Kane,” and "An Affair to Remember" 
    • I loved an Affair to Remember.  Watch it if you haven't.  It's incredibly romantic and so clean.  Casablanca was a place in Africa!  I had no idea.  I have a dead-celebrity crush on Humphrey Bogart now.  That voice.   Mmmmm.  I can see why it's a classic.  But it left me wanting more lovey dovey-ness.  Citizen Kane is on the Netflix Que.
  10. Get 27 blog followers 
    • I am thanking you.  Onward and Upward Blogettes.
  11. Start a Gratitude Journal
  12. Complete a DIY project
  13. Go to the Hogle Zoo
  14. Do one act of service per week
    • I'm obviously not complete with this until my birthday week- but can report I have fully enjoyed it.  And it's gone way beyond one per week. I've driven my drunk neighbor to doctor appointment, babysat, weeded flower beds, tied quilts, threw surprise baby showers, helped a kid with his bike.  You know, it's hard to stop.  It's like eating chips.  You start and before you know it....
  15. Cook all weekend meals for Ken (this oughtta be funny)
  16. Finish “Gone Away Lake” (This is the only book I have started and not finished.  I started it in 3rd grade.  It's still haunting me!  Gotta track it down)
  17. Plant a tree
  18. Write a letter to the president (heck.  I'll even mail it.)
  19. Play piano solo
  20. Read 5 3 books (2 down! Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim and Water for Elephants)
  21. Begin aggressive treatment for the Graves and The Tumor
  22. Run the Firecracker 5k (...eeeks.  I already wish I didn't put this one down.)
    • Um... I didn't do this one.  And I don't feel bad.  It wasn't worth the work and the stress.  I am replacing this goal though.  LEARN THE DANCE TO THRILLER!
  23. Switch to homemade bread
  24. Start my own savings account
  25. Gift a magazine subscription  (I love getting a magazine every month.  I want someone else to feel that happy.....  but whom?
  26. Get my idea patented (And no I am not telling you what my great idea is. You'll just steal it.)
So... I've got a ways to go.  But the fire is lit and I'm not going to get burned this time.  The less time the  more hectic and crazy it'll be.  Bottoms up!

2 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

Thanks for the fun suggestions! You have a beautiful city. We love the falls and have driven around them about 1/2 a dozen times already.
Sandy

SkippyMom said...

That is a pretty eclectric list - and I love it. Some of those things I would like to do to - I think I might have to start my own list. Thanks for the inspiration. :D