Friday, February 22, 2013

Teeth!

Joey has 2 teeth coming up on the bottom.
Ken found them on Sunday.

I said I felt like a negligent, unobservant, inattentive, and careless mother.
Ken said he felt like Christopher Columbus.

Yes, really.  Christopher Columbus discovered the New World and Ken discovered Joey's baby teeth.  I see the similarities.

No I don't.

Ever since those little tooth buds have popped up Joey's been wanting porterhouse steaks, prime rib, whole apples, caramel taffy, beef jerky, bacon & blue cheese burgers, kielbasa, hard shell tacos, licorice, corn on the cob, hot wings, fried won tons, duck a l'orange, sausage and peppers, Skittles, a nice BLT,....

... he's settling for carrot sticks and pepper slices.  I slide him a graham cracker when I'm feeling generous.  But he'll shake his bottle at me and yell gibberish that I translate to mean, "This food stinks!  Where's the good stuff, lady!"



 

3 comments:

Kar said...

Wow. Time really flies. He's so cute. Look at those cheeks. You know what's weird? When Dylan loses teeth, and then grows some permanent teeth in, he kind of goes through his own version of teething, all over again. He sucks and chews on his shirt collar. He doesn't even realize he's doing it.

Juli said...

GAWD he's cute. :) And I'd take it as an awesome sign that you didn't discover them... I discovered my boys only after the bit me.

See? He's not a bitter. :)

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

He is just so cute Patty!